Sunday 7 October 2012

I BLOODY WELL DID IT!!!
Oh yes!! Ran all the way, no stopping, came in at 2.38.40!! Can you believe it???
It was awesome!! But the last 4 miles were tough, especially the last one. My legs just stopped working but the support from the crowd was phenomenal. Having your name on your shirt really helps! And my lovely niece and friends were there in force to cheer me on and welcome me home.
And to top it all my date bars flew off the stall. Mary Berry eat my muffin tins!
Here's me at the start..

 
..and here I am 13 miles and two hours 38 minutes later:
 
As you can see I've aged twenty years and am just about to fall over.

I hope Bridget would be proud - that was for her - and for Paul. And I raised over £800 for Bone Cancer Research Trust.

So that's it. My half marathon training blog is now finished. It was fun to write and I hope it was fun to read.
Thank you for taking the time to follow me and for supporting me in my challenge.
Sandy (and Fibonaccithecat).
God, I need a drink!

1 comment:

  1. Bloody well done sis. We were all cheering you on from pop north. Really proud of you. Awesome effort

    ReplyDelete