Thursday 5 July 2012

Thursday July 5th

Well ,blog-followers, week two is repeated and completed with no ill effects and I am well into week three! I had more physio on my ankle last week and some ultra sound and have got two sets of exercises to do every day. It's still a bit dodgey but am running on it anyway.
The good news is that I've got a lovely Garmin Forerunner 110 watch which doesn't lie to me like my iphone, telling me I've run 7 miles in 20 minutes!. It's fab! I just push start and stop and it does everything. I did my 40 minutes at the weekend and ran 4.89km. Given it's only week 2 I was bloody chuffed!!
So now I only use my iphone for intervals (my watch might be able to mark intervals but if it does I haven't figured it out yet!),which is not without its own dramas! You see, I can't run with earphones in (hearing the sound of your own blood pumping round your body is admittedly reassuring, but it's down right creepy) so I have to put my phone in the nearest pocket to my ears which is in the back of my running pants and turn the volume up dead loud so I can hear it. Trouble is, so can everyone else. I was jogging along the canal last week in the silence after the rain, just me and a mallard duck  (which speeded up every time I did just so it could keep its beak in front) when a little old lady appeared round the corner out for a stroll. Of course I was just jogging past her when my running pants suddenly shouted out at the top of their voice "Next interval, 1 minute fast!". Poor old dear nearly leaped clean out of her tennis shoes she got such a fright! Sorry, little old lady!
Well, it's a tempo run on tomorrow's schedule. Groan. Trouble is, do I get up early and do it before work, or do I do it after work...? 
I wonder if a glass of Merlot will help the decision making process..? You know,I do believe it will!

No comments:

Post a Comment