Tuesday 31 July 2012

Week 6 is done!!!

Day 1 30 mins steady:
Got up early to beat the heat - Regents Park was beautiful - and managed 2.37 miles.

Day 2 Intervals:
My personal nightmare. Matt has increased the intervals from 8 x 60 sec intervals to 6 x 90 secs (with 5 mins steady either side). Horrible. 30 seconds doesn't sound much, but when you'd sooner eat coal than do intervals of any type it's monstrous. I went to Primrose Hill for this and actually overtook a bloke!! And he wasn't on crutches either....

Day 3 Tempo Run 31 mins:
Matt is turning the screw with the Tempo as well (what's the matter with the man...?!). It's gone up from 22 mins (5 easy, 12 faster, 5 easy) to 31 mins (5 easy,8 faster, 5 easy,8 faster, 5 easy).
Back to Regents Park before work for this- ooh it was hard. Definitely the hardest session so far. But covered 2.68 miles.

Day 4 Long slow distance 60 mins:
Definitely my finest hour this one!!! Last week I had to do 55 mins and did 4.5 miles. 60 mins is uncharted territory - but 5.14 miles clocked!! I had to push myself but I got to about 55 mins and realised if I went for it I could get to 5 miles. This run is supposed to be slow and steady but I just had to see the distance counter start with 5 at the end of the session - and I did!!! Bloody fab!!
Mind you could barely walk for rest of day and ankle is perilous,but it was worth it!  Bring on week 7!!





No comments:

Post a Comment