Thursday 19 July 2012

Week 4 done and dusted!
I caught some lurg and lost my voice (which some would say is no bad thing!) so didn't do my tempo run on the Friday. Wasn't feeling great for steady run Sunday but adopted kill or cure approach and went out anyway and managed 3.38 miles in 40 mins. And am still alive - but no thanks to Black Lexus, mind you. Those Lexuses (Lexi?) are a menace. Specially when they're in silent running mode- it's like the Hunt for Red October without the bloody water. Jeez, damn near had a heart attack on the spot!!
I did however do the intervals, even though I vowed I wouldn't. I can't shake off the thought, what if it's them, specifically, that make the difference? And if I don't do them I won't make it round?
Mind you, if it's the resistance training that makes the difference then I've had it already, cos I've done absolutely none of that.
My new asics seem to be doing the job for my dodgey ankle, which is still dodgey but has stopped short of breaking down altogether, so fingers remain crossed there.
So into week 5 we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment