Wednesday 12 September 2012

23 days to go
Oh My Sainted Aunt! Have just had first sports massage  (one hour long) and can honestly say I'd rather be tied to a tree and have my heart pecked out by blackbirds. It was excruciating!! Never have I felt such pain. I think I'm going to need a glass of wine to dull my nerve ends; and none of that crisp, pale,frivolous Orvieto; oh no, this is a job for a stonking OysterBay Merlot at the very least....
I don't honestly think I'll be able to stand up (wine drinking aside), let alone walk to work tomorrow - and I've got a 9.00 am meeting.
Apparently, there was a lot of scar tissue to tease out and my running muscles (it seems I do have some) are all bunched up and tight. Well they're bloody well not any more. The lovely Katie (she who ministers to the World Wrestling Stars - there was a clue there) says no running today but she is optimistic that training can resume and that I will make it....We shall see what tomorrow brings.....

No comments:

Post a Comment