Saturday 15 September 2012

Oh my Life! It's really happening - I got this this morning













I am officially Number 13, 923!! I guess the challenge is not to finish 13, 923rd (that's assuming that there are more than 13,923 runners and I am not already last)! I also got a very snazzy Royal Parks running vest.
The training workshop was disappointing really, just reminding me of all of the things I should have done by now and haven't and telling us all that we should now be winding down our training...Winding down? Er, hello? It's cranking up for me!!
The best thing about it was meeting James, whose training has been dogged by more serious pain and anguish than mine and he has so far only managed 7 miles. This makes my 5 and a bit seem not so bad and at least I know I am not the only one horribly underprepared and doubtful about finishing before the sun sets. And, he too is running for BCRT, having lost his 9 year old cousin to bone cancer (which makes me all the more glad that I'm doing it and puts life into perspective really).
Am running on Hampstead Heath tomorrow with friends, which needs to be for an hour at least...
But I'm feeling positive, and the All Blacks won this morning and Richie was fabulous as ever. Is there ever more glorious a sight in the international theatre of sport than a Haka with its hackles up?  No. There is not. Unless you count me winning the Royal Parks Half Marathon.....arf!

No comments:

Post a Comment