Monday 20 August 2012

Well, the news from running HQ is not so bad I think. Have been to see those lovely physios at Camden Physio and while they have confirmed a muscle tear, it's not severe. Have had some ultra sound and have been told not to run for 5 days, after  which I can try a little jogette. I'll be in Umbria by then (thank you, God) and have been given hip strengthening exercises and hydratherapy exercises I can do in the pool. It's going to be a tough assignment that, exercising each day in the pool of a secluded villa, with nothing but a view of the Umbrian hills and a glass or two of chilled Orvieto to sustain me.......
On a more serious note, I have to go back to see the physio when I return & they'll assess me and help me sort out the rest of my training. So all is not lost yet, although I would be lying if I said it wasn't playing on my mind just a teensy bit that I haven't run half the distance yet but am over halfway through my training.......

No comments:

Post a Comment