Tuesday 28 August 2012

Well there is some positive news from Running HQ, which has temporarily re- located to Umbria. There has been running twice - only about 2 miles each time - but it's better than nothing. Injury still lingering so still not running free or far enough!
I'm also doing lots of running in the swimming pool each day which causes no end of merriment to my fellow villa dwellers. In between running I am concentrating on strength by walking up and down some very big hills - we went to see the Marimore Cascade yesterday and merrily trotted down the side of a wacking great ravine to see it from the bottom up. It was stunning, but we were not quite so merry when we realised it was Tuesday and not Sunday, the only day the shuttle back to the top runs, and had to walk up 500 rough steps (manfully counted and conquered by Lester) to get back to the top. Damn near had a bleeding heart attack.
I'm also working very hard on my nutrition (not). We are attempting a new world record for the number of barbies had in one day and our fridge is so full of Orvieto ( went there - beautiful) and beer there's barely room for the steak.
Best drink some then I think. But perhaps not before breakfast.....

1 comment:

  1. Looks a fabulous spot - I am sure you won't want to be back at work next week!!!! Glad to read you are running in the pool. You shame me as I have been doing nothing!!!!
    Enjoy the rest of your hols.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete