Tuesday 8 May 2012

Week 2!!Day 1
Target: 20 mins steady
Actuals : 20.04 mins/1.67 miles (according to very dodgey iphone so possibly wildly inaccurate)

Well, that was tough. Felt no more like doing that than knitting socks. But I forced myself out & it was quite pleasant along the canal in the evening sunshine. However, Matt Roberts Running Guru is telling me I have also to do resistance training today! Well, I'm resisting the resistance. On account of the fact it seems to have been designed for the Special Forces. I mean, do you seriously expect little old me to to do 4 sets of 30 burpees along with several other gravity defying feats and repeat the whole thing twice - after having just run 1.67 miles (possibly)? What is a burpee anyway? It doesn't sound very lady like. And I'm also suppose to do pilates as well?? Pur-lease!! I'll probably die. Or snap in at least three places. Ach!
Still, I must do something to strengthen my apple core - got the Castle Howard 10k in just 6 week and I've hardly got the strength to type this.
Intervals training tomorrow - my absolute all time least favourite things (after Eastenders. And sprouts).

No comments:

Post a Comment