Friday 18 May 2012

Week 3
Day 2 Thursday May 17th
Target: Intervals 20 mins (5 slow, 10 intervals, 5 slow)
Actuals: Nausea and misery (but 20.20 mins/1.67 miles)

I can't decide which is worse - thinking about intervals or doing them. I got in a training muddle and couldn't do my usual wednesday so was up at 06.30 to get this in before work. I went down to the canal  and started off but the second bridge gate was locked (wake up earlier, canal bridge gate opening person!) so I thought I'd try primrose hill park for the first time.  God it was packed!! There were people doing pull ups in the little gym bit, some people walking their dogs, a guy running up and down the hill - with a back pack on (!), a group of ladies practising their air knitting (though I think on refelction this may have been tai chi), a chap who looked like he was trying to push over a small tree and a couple of fellows who looked like a spell in secure accommodation would do them a power of good.  I gave them a wide berth. But it's great for intervals (if anytyhing about intervals can be great)because of all the long paths that criss cross each other so I'm glad I found that  out. Trouble is it is sooooooo tempting to choose all of the down hill ones....
Am not sure about morning training. I was bloody knackered by 3.00 O'clock, but due to my ability to sleep with me eyes open I did manage to catch 40 winks in the middle of a video conference (just kidding!! I was awake the whole time I swear)

No comments:

Post a Comment